The Child's Invocation | Bachay Ki Dua | By Allama Iqbal Poem In English Translation.


 THE CHILD'S INVOCATION


My longing comes to my lips as supplication of mine. O God! May like the candle be the life of mine!


May the world's darkness disappear through the life of mine! May every place light up with the sparkling light of mine!


May my homeland through me attain elegance as the garden through flowers attains elegance.



May my life like that of the moth be, O Lord! May I love the lamp of knowledge, O Lord!


May supportive of the poor my life's way be! May loving the old, the suffering my way be!


O God! Protect me from the evil ways; show me the path leading to the good ways!

.....


The mention of Allamah’s poetical works for children is far from complete without the poems he wrote and recited in public gatherings organized for fund-raising for the orphans. The poet decided not to include those poems in any of the books published by him. These were ‘omitted’ for the reasons best known to Allamah; possibly it was because the poems were written for a specific purpose and he had seen that being fulfilled spontaneously to his entire satisfaction. 

.....



Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Ok, Go it!