The Intellect And The Heart | Dr Allama Iqbal | Poem Aqal o Dil In English Translation.

 

THE INTELLECT AND THE HEART


One day Intellect said to the heart A guide to the misguided ones I am.


Being on the earth I reach up to the sky look, how deep in comprehension I am.


Guidance on earth is my sole occupation; like the auspicious Khizar (A.S.) in character I am.


Interpreter of the book of life I am. The Manifestation of God's Glory I am.


You are only a drop of blood, but the invaluable ruby's envy I am.’


Hearing this, the heart said: ‘All this is true. But look at me as well, what I am.


You understand the secrets of life, but seeing them with my own eyes I am.


Concerned with the manifest order you are and acquainted with the inward I am.


Learning is from you, but Divine Knowledge is from me; you only seek Divinity, but showing Divinity I am.


Restlessness is the end of Knowledge, but the remedy for that malady I am.


You are the candle of the assembly of Truth; the lamp of the Divine Beauty's assemblage I am.


You are related to time and space; the bird recognizing the Sidrah I am.
Look at the grandeur of my station; the throne of the God of Majesty I am.

.....


Knowledge does not lead to the comprehension of the Essence of God. It only confuses the seeker between the different explanations offered by different scholars. On the other hand the heart guides one to the final goal.
.....

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Ok, Go it!